Help me get these notes Please!!! (SOLVED)

I dont know if this is the right section to ask this type of question... So if it is not admins, Lock it up :D...

Anyways, I wanted to see if any of you seasoned key tappers can help me figure out notes of this tune!! Ive been at it for a while now and I thought I had it but I didnt : (...

Heres the track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu7JK0TKftY

"Falling up" by Dillon Francis...The song is in the key of A#minor.. The part I need is the break that happens at 17 seconds....

If anyone can help that would be awesome!!! IF this is the wrong section, once again I apologize

Edited by tiggaman56

Hey tiggaman56,

I am away from an instrument at the moment, but assuming the song is in Db Major (I don't have perfect pitch) it sounds to me like it is starting on the 3rd, F. So I get:

F-F-Gb-Ab-F

F-F-Gb-Ab-F

F-F-Gb-Ab-Db

F-F-Ab-Eb > up one octave

F-F-Gb-Ab-F >back to original register

F-F-Gb-Ab-F

Ab-F-Ab-F-Ab-Bb-Bb-Db-Db > this is an approximation

I am pretty sure that is close. Try it with the appropriate rhythm and see if it fits.

If you are having difficulty figuring it out, I suggest putting the track in Logic and looping the phrase and using Varispeed to slow it down without altering the pitch. Then you can take your time and get it right. Most importantly, do it and don't give up! Training our ears to hear music is our most important asset. It is frustrating as hell at first but really does get easier with practice. It just takes some time to refine the skill but it pays dividends. I spent days if not months of my life figuring out Dexter Gordon solos off recordings and it made my ear a thousand times better. Hope this helps!

LMynx