Can I trigger the ESX24 via an audio track?

davelopezmac.com

Haha! Love your name, Rev. :)

This works and it's a great solution. I never would've thought about The Drum Replacement function for this purpose. Thanks!

What I'd really like to do though is send an audio trigger into the esx, or another sampler, to trigger the sample. I want the sampler to follow my input. If I'm mixing and mute the trigger source (the snare in my case) I'd like the esx to follow without me having to also automate its track.

You could output them both to an aux channel and use that for level/mute/solo/automation.

To trigger midi instruments, you need the midi events in place, I don't know of a way for realtime midi triggering from an audio source in Logic.

Glad you like my name, I like your shades and your laid-back Californian demeanour! :D

Thanks. I almost included a similar solution in my post, but thought I'd keep it simple.

I actually just grouped them and used automation to mute them both. It kind of worked, but the sample has a longer decay than the mute allowed so it was cut off. I'm sure there's something I can do in the Environment window but I'm not going there just yet. Thanks again for the replacement suggestion. I know I'll be using that in the future!

Are you familiar with Trigger? I saw Dave Pensado use it for the exact same thing I'm asking about, but I wanted to see if I can do it with a Logic tool.

Thanks, Sleaze. ;)