Remix Hotel Miami, March 22-25, 2007

David Nahmani

I will be working with the Apple crew at this year's Remix Hotel Miami in Miami Beach's National Hotel, offering 3 days of free Logic classes open to everyone (registration link at the bottom of this post).

APPLE VIP SCHEDULE: OVAL BALLROOM

Thursday, March 22

3 p.m. Remixing Nelly Furtado w/Vince Di Pasquale

4 p.m. Paul van Dyk

5 p.m. Junkie XL

6 p.m. Dubfire (Deep Dish)

7 p.m. King Britt

8 p.m. TBA

Friday, March 23

3 p.m. Audio Production in Logic Pro

4 p.m. Remixing Nelly Furtado w/Vince Di Pasquale

5 p.m. Logic Pro Master Class w/Richard Devine

6 p.m. Gabriel & Dresden

7 p.m. BT

8 p.m. BT Exclusive 5.1 Screening of This Binary Universe

Saturday, March 24

3 p.m. Audio Production in Logic Pro

4 p.m. DJ General Midi

5 p.m. Remixing Nelly Furtado w/Vince Di Pasquale

6 p.m. Beatport Emerging Artists Panel Discussion w/Nick Terranova (Starkillers), Johnny Fiasco and Mark Grant. More TBA!

7 p.m. Felix da Housecat

8 p.m. Darude

*VIP Appearance Schedule Subject to Change*

DAILY APPLE LOGIC PRO TRAINING: MARTINI ROOM

Thursday, March 22–Saturday, March 24

3:30 p.m. Intro to Logic Pro 7

4:30 p.m. Beats, Stutter Edits & More: Logic Pro's Ultrabeat

5:30 p.m. Massive Kicks, Punchy Bass Lines: Logic Pro's ES1 and ES2

6:30 p.m. Logic Pro 7 Masterclass

7:30 p.m. Intro to Logic Pro 7

Intro to Logic Pro 7—Skill Level 1

If you've never worked with Logic, this is the place to start. Logic Pro ships with more than 5,000 Apple Loops. We will sort and audition them using the integrated Loop Browser and create an arrangement within 15 minutes. Then, we'll use the Channel Strip Preset function to audition some of Logic's 34 instruments and 78 plug-ins. From there, we'll cover basic arranging techniques (move, copy, repeat, loop, marquee-cut) and some very musical MIDI-editing and quantize techniques. We’ll fine-tune our mix with some fader and plug-in automation and burn to a CD. (CDs included)

Beats, Stutter Edits & More: Logic Pro's Ultrabeat—Skill Level 2

Ultrabeat is Logic's 25-voice drum synthesizer that faithfully models every major drum machine ever made. But it's much more. In this session, you'll learn how to drag and drop audio files into Ultrabeat, copy and paste voices and create your own custom kits. See why many producers consider it the ultimate stutter editor for chopping loops and vocals. Then, we'll use the intuitive step sequencer to program beats and learn how to trigger different Ultrabeat patterns live with just one keystroke.

Massive Kicks, Punchy Bass Lines: Logic Pro's ES1 and ES2—Skill Level 2

Here, we focus on the bedrock: the kick and the bass. Create custom hand-built kick drums using Logic's ES2. We'll look at some tuning and filtering techniques and then fine-tune the results with EQ and compression. The ES1 remains a synth-bass favorite of many well known producers for good reason. We'll use it to build some lines from scratch and take a close look at the anatomy of fatness.

Logic Pro 7 Masterclass—Skill Level 3

In this class, we take a closer look at some of the advanced tips and tricks that make Logic Pro the weapon of choice for the world's highest profile electronic musicians. Automation; audio-cutting tricks; and advanced mixing, busing and sidechaining will be some of the topics covered. Students should be comfortable with Skill Levels 1 and 2.

David Nahmani is an Apple Certified Logic Pro instructor and founder/moderator/Jedi master of LogicProHelp.com, one of the leading online resources for Logic Pro, with 8,500 registered users. He is also president of the Los Angeles Logic Pro User Group, the most active Logic user group in the country.

Class space is limited so register early!

REGISTER HERE

photo_gallery_big24.jpg.2850a57a4d4c2564db34010bd5b29868.jpg

photo_gallery_big38.jpg.569c44fd556b1d4e2ab495f61d7f3e57.jpg

Edited by David Nahmani

woo I had every intention of hitting up Remix hotel this year, I had no idea we'd be graced with the presence of dave. I'll definitely have to sign up for a couple classes.

any preview as to what the stuttering class and the level 3 class are gonna be about??

Hey guys! ... i'm a little lost about the Remix Hotel, i know that registration is required, i'd like to attend a few classes but i don't know how much the classes cost, is there a link to that? .. need some guidance, i live in palm beach county , thanks :)

Yeah, that surprised me — free. And I live right here. Can't believe this. And since it's on South Beach, to allow time to find a parking space for Thursday afternoon, I know I need to get over there — saaaay, sometime Tuesday morning.

Yeah, the Miami Beach events are free. And I live right here. Can't believe this. Since it's on South Beach, to allow time to find a parking space for Thursday afternoon, I know I need to get over there — saaaay, sometime Tuesday morning.

Yeah, the Miami Beach events are free. And I live right here. Can't believe this. Since it's on South Beach, to allow time to find a parking space for Thursday afternoon, I know I need to get over there — saaaay, sometime Tuesday morning.

give me directions to get there, i live in palm beach :) .. hope i can find a parking space on friday, or maybe my wife's gonna drop me off there :)

give me directions to get there, i live in palm beach :) .. hope i can find a parking space on friday, or maybe my wife's gonna drop me off there :)

No prob. Take I-95 South to exit east via I-395 (Beaches), and here I paste these directions from the venue registration:

— I-395 E becomes MACARTHUR CSWY / US-41 E. 3.0 miles

— Keep RIGHT at the fork to go on 5TH ST / FL-A1A E. 0.5 miles

— Turn LEFT onto COLLINS AVE / FL-A1A. 1.2 miles

— End at National Hotel:

1677 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139, US

No prob. Take I-95 South to exit east via I-395 (Beaches), and here I paste these directions from the venue registration:

— I-395 E becomes MACARTHUR CSWY / US-41 E. 3.0 miles

— Keep RIGHT at the fork to go on 5TH ST / FL-A1A E. 0.5 miles

— Turn LEFT onto COLLINS AVE / FL-A1A. 1.2 miles

— End at National Hotel:

1677 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139, US

Thank you! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the classes have actually been waitlisted for a while.

However at the last Remix we had a couple of no-shows and some of the people on the waitlist were able to get a station.

Also, I don't know how big the room is, but last year in LA we were able to let a few people stand in the back of the room. It's not always feasible, and we do have to keep the doors shut so we can hear ourselves.

But either way there will be tons of Logic demos floating around during the Remix Hotel. Darren Burgos, who was the guest speaker at our last L.A. user group, will also be outside somewhere showing a bunch of tricks and sounds he uses for his tracks. He's an incredible dance producer, so I know there will be a little group hanging around his Logic rig.

It will be a LOT of fun! Hope I meet a bunch of you guys. Make sure you introduce yourselves!! :wink:

I went to all four of David’s classes today on Miami Beach. Learned a ton, despite deafening boom box right outside the room. The rest of the hotel was a freak show, but the martini room was happening. Free classes and a five dollar parking garage right across the street. Four hours with a Logic Pro master – priceless. Thanks David.

Bob Lyons :o)

I went to all four of David’s classes today on Miami Beach. Learned a ton, despite deafening boom box right outside the room. The rest of the hotel was a freak show, but the martini room was happening. Free classes and a five dollar parking garage right across the street. Four hours with a Logic Pro master – priceless. Thanks David.

Bob Lyons :o)

thanks for the parking info ... i will b there friday ... i got a confirmation number from apple for all the classes .. do i need to show these confirmation numbers at the hotel ?

Yes, bring print outs mostly to show bouncers at the front door. It's going to be chaotic getting inside. Also, the parking garage across from the convention center is actually about a buck an hour. Five minute walk to The National. Very reasonable for that neighborhood, when it's available.