New Sleepyheadz track

djals

hi sleepyheadz-

i like the track, style and feel. i think the upright bass sound is great.

i'm hearing an apple loop drumline in there, which i find sort of "easily recognizeable"- my personal opinion on those is that it's fine to use 'em, just chop/tweak/effect them enough so that they're not immediately recognizeable. (might be just a "pet peeve" of mine) :wink:

what types of feedback are you looking for?

Thanks for your comments, i'll bear in mind that the loops are obviously recognizable.

I'm looking for feedback on the mix and overall production sound. My goal is to work with other musicians and also to do some original and remix projects myself, so i want to become a good all-round producer, someone who can turn out a good demo mix, regardless of musical genre.

The music itself is open opinion but a professional sounding mix does have certain qualities. I work at home using only standard amp and speakers, no monitors as yet, so i'd like to know what my music sounds like on different set-ups. I use my car stereo and other friends gear but it would be great to hear it in a controlled environment. Basically i'm very unsure whether i'm on the right path. I hear people mentioning that there are no set rules and that you should use your ears and do what feels right, but of course when you spend a long time working on a track, its easy to get lost. When is it time to stop tinkering?

Thanks again for your feedback,

Andy