Censorship

I agree with the decision.

I think allowing a member (shivermetimbers) to routinely make a sport out of mocking newbies who come here with perfectly reasonable questions, which have perfectly reasonable starting point answers is, too, a bad reflection on the forum and off topic.

I don't find it humorous. I find it more akin to bullying.

I've heard it said, and agree, that "silence is complicity." In that sense, I remain uninterested in participating in a forum which allows a bully like shivermetimbers to routinely abuse the new kids on the play ground.

It appears YOU are doing the very thing that you are against. :roll:

So no one is stopping you from leaving. Personally, I don't care what you think of me. :P

After reviewing your posts (a little over 100), I don't see where I had any interaction with you or 'bullied' you in any such manner that cause you to do you are doing to me. Your participation is welcome and encouraged. :D

For now, I am truly being a nice person and hoping that you would have realized that David 'moderating' the post you hijacked would be a warning for you to stop causing this trouble. :evil:

In light of your current medical condition, I will kindly ask you to stop with your harassment.

You are entitled to you opinions, but please leave my screen name out of it ( I don't need you to besmudge it!)

You won't enjoy being on my S#!tlist, buddy! http://fun.resplace.net/Emoticons/Pirate/SmilingPirate.gif

8)

*****************************************************************************************

... but I'm too OCD to let it go at that!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001926/

" ... Obsessive-compulsive disorder is an anxiety disorder in which people have unwanted and repeated thoughts, feelings, ideas, sensations (obsessions), or behaviors that make them feel driven to do something (compulsions).

Often the person carries out the behaviors to get rid of the obsessive thoughts, but this only provides temporary relief. Not performing the obsessive rituals can cause great anxiety."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=anal%20retentive

"... anal retentive

A mild form of obsessive-compulsive disorder. A collection of very irritating personality traits that include stubbornness, orderliness, and a desire to control others and their surroundings. It makes a person meticulous or fixated about little things, nit-picking or paying extreme attention to detail, and trying to control his or her environment and other people. They do things “by the book’’ with no flexibility in the way they complete tasks, and expect others to do and think as they. It’s their way or the highway, basically. They are the worst people to work for or live with. "

Actually I wrote "s#!+" without any censorship

This is not about F & S or any version of @#%*&^%

I was only responding to your post:

The lounge is where we can talk !%#?.

Funny! You didn't spell out what you wanted to say. I'm sure that most people won't be able to fill in the gap and know what "!%#?" means. So no offense. :roll:

Your post will not be deleted.

I've completely lost your point now, I have no idea what you're trying to say.

In fact, I stopped praying to God and I now pray to David, thanking him for allowing me to post some of my pointless comments and pictures because someone asks silly questions.

Shiv, you are such a mixed blessing to his forum. In fact, having written that, I'm now inspired to invent a new drinky in your honor, as in, "Bartender, I'd like a Mixed Blessing". But what would the ingredients be? Goes without saying that there would have to be rum in it, arr matey. But what else? Here's my proposed recipe, though in the spirit of non-censorship (guffaw)* feel free to modify it or completely revise it as you of-legal-drinking-age types see fit:

2 oz. 151 proof Rum

1 oz. goldschlagger

1 oz. peach schnaps

add ingredients to martini shaker filled with crushed ice, shake vigorously

pour into pint glass containing 8 oz. bloody mary mix, serve immediately

* get it? "spirit"? :mrgreen:

Edited by ski

Oh no! :shock: I have driven Ski to drink.

To the effect that it's in your honor... indeed you have! So...

(takes a swig)

Here's a toast to the biggest troublemaker (sorry) "piratey contributor" that LPH has ever seen without getting his @ss banned:

Shivermetimbers...

...king of the (I hate to admit it) cleverly sarcastic and (oh, I shouldn't be going here) appropriate YouTube video response, adamant advocate for doing things "in the box" (though I sincerely believe he has a penchant for the smell of a fresh reel of tape), and all around.... um.... er....

(takes another swig)....

My besh-tesht pally pal o' mine who really knowzhz how to put the "Hell" in Logic Pah-ro Help!

:mrgreen:

(keels over)

Liberty is not license. Because you can does not mean you should.

People who come to my house, understand that they must respect my rules (no smoking ANYTHING, no drinking to excess, no swearing when children are present, etc)

This is David's house, so his rules apply.

In the past, adults did not have a problem with that concept, only children but we now have adults who continue to want to behave like children.

In the past, adults did not have a problem with that concept, only children but we now have adults who continue to want to behave like children.

We have a whole generation of childlike adults.

It suits business and government, because children consume habitually, and consume beyond their means.

I don't think it's usually a case of people choosing to behave like children, I think it is because we have, as a culture, taken responsibility away from people.

eg:

I can't help how I behave because I'm depressed/an alcoholic/a sex addict/a drug addict/I have OCD/I'm bi-polar/I eat because I'm depressed/I steal because there's no jobs/I beat my wife because I grew up in a violent household/I cheat on my wife because I'm a successful alpha male etc. etc.

That's just one avenue of excuse, there are many more.

People have an arsenal of excuses for any kind of behaviour. It's very rare that someone truly has to take responsibility for their actions any more in much of the developed Western world.

I've gone past my Zappa video quota for this month, but what the hell, education is key to this...

This is David's house, so his rules apply.

That sums it all up. Period!

Indeed.

I think I said that a couple of pages ago...

You did, but it was part of a 'suck up' kinda post, where as Jay stated it in a 'matter of fact' type manner. So yours didn't count because in addition to the suck-uppedness, you posted dirty words and edited out even more atrocities. :mrgreen:

I think I said that a couple of pages ago...

You did, but it was part of a 'suck up' kinda post, where as Jay stated it in a 'matter of fact' type manner. So yours didn't count because in addition to the suck-uppedness, you posted dirty words and edited out even more atrocities. :mrgreen:

Oh, ok. Yes, that seems totally reasonable now you've explained it.

Oh yeah, and:

You_Suck.jpg.c0dcf0e86258e46de79f2c3d30531478.jpg

:P