Issues with Pop Trumpet sound

Mark Willmott

Hi all, i have an issue with the Pop Trumpet sound in Mainstage. This only seems to have happened since upgrading to 2.2.2. (Maybe a coincidence).

Basically when gigging, and on a random time basis, the patch that i am using suddenly looses it's pop trumpets. If i view the channel strips, all of the level meters are going up and down except for the pop trumpets. If i solo the channel strip -- Nothing! This is then the same for all of the patches i use with this sound in it.

I use this sound 36 times in my concert (some patches have up to 4 of these).

If i re-boot then it's ok for a while (could be half an hour, could be two minutes.

Also i have looked in the library folder and i think it was in the exs24 folder where there are other folder listed ie 07 Pop Horns and that doesn't have Pop Trumpet in it. Is this correct or should it be in there?

I have tried deleting mainstage 2.2.2 and logic 9 and reinstalled but still can't find this sound in that folder. I may delete again and reinstall from scratch with logic 8 which is what i had originally with mainstage 1 and see if appears then.

Any help will be much appreciated -- am i barking up the wrong tree?

many thanks

Mark

I used to have that same problem. Frustrating.

I was using m-audio keys. I don't recall it doing that with other keyboards, just the m-audio. I never did figure out the reason why, all I know is it seemed like if I hit the key a little too hard, the sound quit for that instrument (usually horns). It happened at home even when recording in Logic with the m-audio.

I remember reading somewhere that some midi cc info could be blocked and I tried it, but the problem always came back.

For many other reasons, I simply stopped using the computer/laptop as a source for backing tracks or MS key sounds. I'm back to real keys. No more m-audio for me.

:|

I used to have that same problem. Frustrating.

I was using m-audio keys. I don't recall it doing that with other keyboards, just the m-audio. I never did figure out the reason why, all I know is it seemed like if I hit the key a little too hard, the sound quit for that instrument (usually horns). It happened at home even when recording in Logic with the m-audio.

I remember reading somewhere that some midi cc info could be blocked and I tried it, but the problem always came back.

Thanks for this piece of information shiv.

• 6 months later...

Im having the pop trumpet disappearing act problem... I'm using a Korg Triton Pro 76 to a MOTU firewire interface through Mainstage 2, no logic pro though, bought the 29.99 mainstage in APPLE STORE. Did u resolve the pop trumpet issue, searched for an update but nothing, I have the 2.2.2. version. Hope someone can help. Thanks to all!

All patches seem fine as of now, pop trumpet is the only one to just stop putting out signal. even if its layered, everything stays yet pop trumpet does not. :?

Hi there!!

I never found a resolution as such. It seems that when you click on a channel strip on a patch which was created prior to MS 2.2.2, you can see in the inspector under '08 pop horns /' that the pop trumpet sample is there. But when you start a new patch in MS 2.2.2 it doesn't always appear?

For now i have noted all the info that i used on each pop trumpet channel strip (96 in total), then deleted them and then used the '10 orchestral / 02 Brass / Trumpet section sample', which seems to work reasonable well with a few tweaks and more importantly never disappears during a gig.

I keep watching to see if anything else gets listed on the forum but to date NO real resolutions.

Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...
Thanks brother! Still waiting for an update or something!! As of now had a buddy give me Komplete 7 which has serious patches, got a sample of a trumpet, trombone and tenor sax, played with the octaves of each instruments and than a few tweaks, mix and got a pretty bad ass brass section, however would still like to have the one I created with the mainstage brass, for the variety. At least I can work with that. Now all i need is mean orchestra hit which I can't find anywhere. However I made a nice one with my Triton gonna try to figure out how to record that into MainStage.