record only solo channels

peterpanx

Hi.i have a newbie question and the tutorial personally didn't help me on this,how to record several solo channels.Let me clear this.I have a heavy project and i want to record for example 3 channels together,but i cant because the logic give me all the time the system overload message and the records stopping and the record file is black.So,does anybody knows,how to record those channels solo?thanks.

I know how to control the warning message,but my question is simple.How to record a couple of channels solo,by make them solo with 'S' button or solo them from transport bar.In this case the project wont play with all channels and there is no warning message.Is there any way to do this?

my question is simple.How to record a couple of channels solo,by make them solo with 'S' button or solo them from transport bar.

Sounds to me like both the question and its answer. Have you tried it?

is off-line bounce and is not the same that your can record those and has the 'color' of the sound card

That's false. Offline bounce is like real time bounce or real time recording, it doesn't matter what soundcard you use, you're just using Logic's summing engine in both cases and the results are the same.

I think I understand your question now: you need to set the output of the desired channel strips to a bus, create a new audio track with that bus as input, rec-arm it and press record. But yeah: same thing as bouncing.

mm.I confused now.I have read somewhere once,that recording with the way you explain,by route out a bus and route in on a audio,is better than the bounce,off line,or real time.I read also that depends how good is your soundcard the quality of the recording,and each sound card has a special 'identity' or i can say also a 'sign' of the card.Please help me to understand it.Thanks,and sorry about the difficulty i have from the language.

I have read somewhere once,that recording with the way you explain,by route out a bus and route in on a audio,is better than the bounce,off line,or real time.

That's not true.

I read also that depends how good is your soundcard the quality of the recording,and each sound card has a special 'identity' or i can say also a 'sign' of the card.

Not true either.

Please help me to understand it.

When you play a song, all channel strips are summed by Logic's audio engine into a stream of zeros and ones that are sent to your interface which is connected to your speakers. That's how you hear what's played.

When you bounce a song, that EXACT same stream of zeros and ones is placed in an audio file on your hard drive.

When recording the mix of that song onto a new track, that EXACT same stream of zeros and ones is placed in an audio file on your hard drive PLUS an audio region made from that parent audio file is displayed on the record-enabled track .

The three options yield the same exact result.