Fix my plugins' preset location memory? [SOLVED]

gtracs

All of my plugins used to save and load Presets without me having to worry about where they were being saved, but somehow I've screwed that up. Now to save or load a Preset it makes me navigate to the preset's folder each time.

Is there a way to get my plugins to go back to remembering where they store each of their own presets?

Thanks...

Lion, Logic Express 9.1.7, 2011 iMac

Thanks for the reply--fixed my sig.

I haven't changed my User Name, but I've had to drag and drop some items manually due to a hard drive failure earlier in the year. I put them all back in the same locations, although I'm not sure newer installations of Logic looked in the same places for them--I've always noticed Logic locates some things in my main Library and others in my User Library also; not sure whether that's normal.

I also recently upgraded from 8 to 9 via dvd, but it didn't change this particular situation. Thanks for any ideas....

So you may have some permission problem going on...

Go to: ~/Library/Application Support/Logic/Plug-In Settings and press Command - I to get info.

You should see:

• [YOURUSER] | Read & Write
  • staff | Read only
  • everyone | Read only

Confirmed?

1122895316_ScreenShot2012-08-17at6_27_23PM.png.3fab2d84b812939d654d2dc1ca0914d2.png

I also have a similar Logic folder (~/Library/Application Support/Logic/Plug-In Settings) in my main Library folder as well. I'm assuming that's not normal, but then again my loss of preset saving functionality is a new issue.

This is perfectly normal.

Ok try moving these files to your desktop:

com.apple.logic.pro.cs

com.apple.logic.pro.LSSharedFileList.plist

com.apple.logic.pro.LSSharedFileList.plist.lockfile

com.apple.logic.pro.plist

com.apple.logic.pro.plist.lockfile

Then start Logic.