aux sends

hello,

from a track, i sent out a bus to an aux channel and opened a compressor. i set the compressor with a side chain and used peak to get that heavy pumping effect. however, when i send any audio to that buss channel the compressor does not really pump as much as when i open a compressor on that channel.

same with a aux channel with a low cut equalizer, when i send audio to that bus you barely notice its cutting the low's. :? :?

sorry could not explain it better.

That's probably because the channel you are sending from is also outputting to your stereo-out channel.

My advice is to read up about the signal routing in the manual, particularly the difference between channel sends and channel output.

There are already quite a lot of threads about this here, a search should bring them up.

from a track, i sent out a bus to an aux channel and opened a compressor. i set the compressor with a side chain and used peak to get that heavy pumping effect. however, when i send any audio to that buss channel the compressor does not really pump as much as when i open a compressor on that channel.

It's nearly impossible to understand your routing from your description. Can you post a screenshot?