Remote Project Collaboration

Badcatblackcat

I am working on an album project with a friend in another city. He just acquired Logic and I am trying to figure out the best way to share Logic projects remotely. We have a dropbox set up that we have been using to work. Is there a good way to export a project so that someone else can open it and work with it?

Thanks for the help.

First thing, open the audio bin and delete all references to unused files. Files that are not used in the arrange. For the remaining files, rename any that are over 24 characters. This is really important. Keep those file names short or your partner is in for a world of headache.

Do a save a copy as, and include assets. Close your project. Open the copy and make sure it loads and works. Check all the bin path references for your audio files to be sure none still reference your original folder. If all is ok, zip that new project folder and upload it.

Good luck, and be sure to heed my advice on the 24 characters thing!

Wasn't this fixed in Logic 9.1 ?

No. I'll check which version is running on the MacBooks here, but they are all pretty recent. But they still truncate and add a numerical code to the end of the name. PITA.

Wasn't this fixed in Logic 9.1 ?

No. I'll check which version is running on the MacBooks here, but they are all pretty recent. But they still truncate and add a numerical code to the end of the name. PITA.

Are you sure?

From the release notes:

About the Logic Pro 9.1 update

• File names with over 32 characters are now supported.