Logic 'white out' crashes

AMD

Hi everyone.

I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this:

Logic has been crashing a lot on my lately. It exhibits the same symptoms each time. I can be editing something in the arrange window or piano roll and suddenly I will notice the grid lines have disappeared. As soon as I click anything on the Logic GUI the screen flashes white and I have to force quit Logic.

This has happened dozens of times. Each time a report is generated, but I can't make any sense of the reports so I don't know where to start troubleshooting this. I have tried deleting preferences etc, but this doesn't work.

If anyone has any suggestions I might try, I'm all ears.

Thanks.

It's been happening to me a lot too. In fact, I was thinking about getting Apple to fix it.

I have a crash report that happened to me recently if anyone is interested. Can't post it here though as it says there are too many characters. Happy to email it to someone.

It's been happening to me a lot too. In fact, I was thinking about getting Apple to fix it.

I have a crash report that happened to me recently if anyone is interested. Can't post it here as it says there is too many characters. Happy to email it to someone though.

Crashes in Logic are a lot of times related to 3rd party plugins. Which ones do you use mostly?

Hi jordito.

Not sure where they are stored on my HD, so the next time it happens I will do as you suggest.

Thanks.

Look under Library/Logs either on the system or the user. Most likely on the user.

Thanks Triplets. I found this is system Logs folder. Nothing in the user logs. There are only a few in there despite the many crashes that have happened. This one looks the same as the others. Always something about a 'dummy connection' at the beginning. No idea what it all means though. I hope I've uploaded the report correctly.

Logic Pro_2012-08-21-221436_MacBook-Pro.hang.zip

peachboy:

Sorry to butt in.. but I happened to look through your logs and i noticed a couple of things...

You are using Elicensor... but I didn't notice anything that was actually linked to the protection method? (However, I could have missed it while reading through the logs.. but best to check) Do you use something that requires that USB key device?

Also, make sure you have fully updated Elicensor software as that is notorious for causing issues if it gets 'out of date'

Finally, FWIW... The 'white flash' I believe... is usually a sign of something external to Logic having an issue and the screen flash is to notify you of that occuring... The crashes you are having all have basically the same cases, from what i saw.. which is a crash in the main thread.. when an address specified.. couldn't be found (EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGABRT)) I have often seen this error when there was either a 3rd party plugin in Logic... or a 3rd party program/driver running in the background, that was causing an issue.

I'd recommend making absolutely sure every driver and plugin as well as any 3rd party program that runs in the background.. is fully updated to the latest version, if you haven't done so already.. to see if that fixes things

HTH..

Thankyou for butting in. I really appreciate you having a look over the reports.

I use eLicensor for the Arturia V Collection (Jupiter 8V etc). As far as I know I am already running the most up-to-date version as that was one of the first things I checked when the system started crashing. However, I'll double check just to be certain - I find the eLicensor system to be pretty confusing to be honest - some verifications only require a software eLicensor, but other verifications require the actual USB dongle.

In respect of plugins, I did install some demo AU plugins a while back (against my better judgement) which I didn't really like anyway, so uninstalled them. After fearing the residue of those plugins might still be causing the crashes, I actually did a system restore to wayyy back before I had installed any of those aforementioned plugins - yet still the crashes came.

However, I'll take another thorough look at all my plugins to make sure they're up-to-date.

The only other things I can think of is Dropbox which is quietly running in the background, and a couple of bits of software that connect Logic to my iPad - things like TouchOSC etc as well as Spotify remote, OSX Remote.