Bought a new laptop - changing logic and plug ins

Hey, i own an imac at the moment, but im buying a macbook pro today so i can also produce when im not at home, im curious to know, is there a way i can share my imac harddrive with my macbook pro laptop?

Basically i don't want to sit there for 20 hours re downloading all my plug ins etc. if i was to just put everything from my macintosh HD on to an external hard drive then copied that on to my macbook pro.. would all my plug ins etc. need to be relicensed or would they just work?

Curious to know if anybody else has done this and what they found was the best way

Thanks

Use something like super duper. Copy the whole system drive onto the external hard drive. Then copy that drive onto the Mackbook pro. Are they both using the same mac OS? If so that would make your task easy. I believe you can have Logic on both system but you can't use them simultaneously. :mrgreen: :D

Use something like super duper. Copy the whole system drive onto the external hard drive. Then copy that drive onto the Mackbook pro. Are they both using the same mac OS? If so that would make your task easy. I believe you can have Logic on both system but you can't use them simultaneously. :mrgreen: :D

pretty sure that aint gonna work.....depends on the licenses of the plugs ....some that require authorisation have codes dependent on a system id generated by the computer...depending on what you have you may still need to get the plugs newly authorised

Thank you very much for the replies,

I'll check that out now,

This macbook pro i have bought has mountain lion on it, however my imac has lion on it, i don't want mountain lion on this i want it as lion so i will downgrade it to match, i can't be bothered with losing plug ins due to updates for mountain etc.

Cheers