Next Track / Previous Track via a rotary encoder

peachboy

Hi,

Is there any way of controlling "Next Track" and "Previous Track" arrange window key commands using a rotary encoder? I'm after a type of "key repeat" effect, so that as long as you are turning the encoder clockwise then the next track command is being triggered, and as long as you are turning the encoder anti-clockwise then the previous track command is being triggered. The desired result is supposed to be a very easy way to scroll up and down through the tracks using only one controller. (At the moment I have it assigned to two buttons, one for next track and one for previous track ).

I've been trying to figure it out but I just can't get it right. Somewhere I'm doing something wrong, maybe with Min/Max Value settings or NPRN settings?

All ideas would be very welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Providing that the Screensets feature in Logic encompasses (?) the track selection (you will probably need to disengage the window link option), using the Meta event 49, controlled by a Fader object in the Environment, which would itself be controlled by MIDI CC... From there, assigning a rotary encoder (via Learn, I guess), should do the trick...

Or you could try this:

http://www.audiogrocery.com/logic_sc.htm

:arrow: Although promising, I would however check with the vendor if it does indeed the sought purpose...

You would have understood that I neither tested the above described solution or own/used the url-linked software add-on...

:oops:

Your feedback would be appreciated!

Thanks for helping with this, although I've mostly given up on the idea now. After not being able to figure it out first time around I decided instead to assign the respective rotary encoders to a bunch of Send aux levels - which in reflection was a really good idea. Thus I don't have any encoders left!

Thanks. I do have several zones and modes running already but alas I've run out of buttons to change between the modes! - haha. :-s

It's all good though. I'm mainly just experimenting in methodology to try to find the most satisfactory way of controlling Logic while recording. So things like Cycle Mode, Metronome, Next Instrument, Previous Instrument, Next Track, Previous Track, Mute, Solo......these are the controls I've found to be most useful....along with the usual suspects Cutoff, Res, Expression, ADSR etc.