Recording the Playback of the "sound tool" in sample editor

jschmidtiii

I know the subject heading doesn't make sense, but read this, because this would be awesome if it's possible. David, I know you're out there. This is a worthy cause to apply your genius to.

Do you know how you can listen to samples in the sample editor at the speed of your choice by moving the little microphone icon that appears when you click in the track heading? I never really used that, but I just did, and it's awesome. I know it's just for listening back to samples, but I can get some absolutely WILD sound effects using it. I.e. if I drag my mouse slow to fast across a section I or back and forth, whatever. Recording the playback of me using that little tool would be so awesome. Can it be done?? Any ideas?? Much love.

I've been wanting a plug in that would do something like this... a real turn table type thing. I've used Turntablelist, but I find it glitchy and not very useable. Anyone know of a cool plug in where you could drop a sample and truly "scrub" it? Do I have to break out my old 1/4" machine and rock the reels??

DanRad