Totally Resetting Logic

BartM

Hey, i posted in a nother topic about me having a nightmare with logic and MIDI CC ID : 6 with Massive which is totally messing up my work flow at the moment,

I am thinking now just to do a totally clean install of logic, however i am curious.. What will i lose?

Will i have to re-load/ re install all my plug ins again? This is something i really don't want to do,

Will i lose all of my saved channel strip settings?

Anything else?

And if i can just ask, what is the best way to do it? Is there an uninstall feature or do you just have to delete everything manually?

Thank you very much!

Will i have to re-load/ re install all my plug ins again?

No, third party plug-ins have nothing to do with Logic.

Will i lose all of my saved channel strip settings?

You shouldn't, but back them up just in case.

And if i can just ask, what is the best way to do it? Is there an uninstall feature or do you just have to delete everything manually?

I've never had to uninstall Logic, but I'd probably remove everything manually.

Now I ask you...do you think it is really necessary to uninstall Logic because of a problem with Massive?

J.

Thanks for the reply Jordito, in answer to your question, a week or 2 ago i would have said no, absolutely not

However with the limited available options within massive i cannot find a solution to the problem,

the way i see it (obviously this is just my view - i am in not very technically educated when it comes to bugs etc.) -

Massive is a programme being hosted by Logic, a MIDI Assignment is being placed on Massive, it happens when i duplicate a channel in logic or close and re open logic, it doesn't happen if i was to close and re open massive (e.g open the plug in, x out of it, then double click it again) however it does happen when i close logic and re open it (e.g close the whole session and load it back up again)

So now i am unsure, i tried deleting massive and re installing it, i am also updated to the latest version, still no luck. So that leaves me thinking it is a messed up assignment within logic, again i don't know, i have only come to this conclusion through the process of elimination

Thanks again

Massive is a programme being hosted by Logic, a MIDI Assignment is being placed on Massive, it happens when i duplicate a channel in logic or close and re open logic

I've never heard of such a problem. It would be helpful if you could give more details on this "MIDI assignment". As far as Logic is concerned, MIDI assignments are managed in the Controller Assignments window (Command+K).

Let's continue in your original thread, please.

J.