Cannot locate my AUNetReceive plugin

tmh

Trying to monitor audio through my network -

Host is G5 PPC 10.5.8 Logic Pro 8 (and Pro Tools)

Remote is G4 PPC 10.5.8

The two computers are networked via ethernet cable and router. I'm using ARD to control the G5 in my basement studio from my G4 upstairs. I've just opened the AUNetSend insert on an audio track in Logic on the G5 for the first time (fyi, I do not see AUNetReceive in that plugin list). I don't have Logic installed on my G4. But I have Rax and Audacity installed, something lightweight that I can open AUs in, just for monitoring. Anyway, both have the AUNetSend available but neither have AUNetReceive in the dropdown for inserts. Am I being really stupid? Am I missing something obvious? I just want to be able to control Logic remotely over a network and hear it at the same time for simple tasks.

Thanks

Sorry. Finally found AUNetReceive by creating AU generator in AU Lab. Can't get it to work, but at least I found it. Still looking for another solution to above post though. Tried Wormhole also to no avail. Can't believe this is such a pain. Seems like a simple request.

Though the solution described in this thread;

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=78956

...isn't cheap, I personally have found VE Pro to be the best and most practical way of achieving what you are trying to do.

Unfortunately, due to a heavy work load this year, i haven't got around to writing the 3rd part... but you should find enough info 'as is' to help you understand the basics...

I believe you can still download a PPC version from them that should work with your G4 and G5... but check with them for confirmation