OMF File size too big to email. Any options?

Ok. One more issue:-)

I'm trying to send a sample OMF to the guy who will be mixing to make sure he can use it. When I export a 20 second file of 1 track it comes out 35mb!!! Even a 5 second file is just as big. I can't email it to him.

He said this: "I Think somethings not quite right. 24 bit 44.1 Khz should be 8Mb / minute / track. Go ahead and try 5 seconds, be sure there's something to listen to. That should bring it back to 12 MB. My email allows up to 20 MB. - Dave"

Is this just how it is. Or can I change a setting so the file is smaller????

About all you can do is try and .zip the file to compress it down to its smallest possible size. If it doesn't reduce down to a small-enough size, use a file sharing service such as YouSendIt, DropBox, or similar.

+1 for Dropbox... I use it for all my long distance file transfers and I have had no issues at all in doing so...

Thanks for the feedback everyone:-)

Eric - I'm doing it as a test for sending a whole multi-tracked song to the man who's mixing my CD. We're figuring out how to interface between Logic and the software he uses. So, I'm just trying to send him a little sample to make sure the OMF thing works between us.

So, what I'm gathering is that these files are just huge and that's the way it is?