Color regions + channel strips simultaneously? [SOLVED]

Macavity224

This is kind of dumb and not really that important in the grand scheme of things, but I'm very obsessive compulsive about the way things are aesthetically arranged in an arrangement (say that 10 times fast). Anyway, my question is: can you color regions and the corresponding channel strips simultaneously? I hate having to try to find the same color twice.

If you color the Tracks first, the regions will take that color.

If you didn't color the Tracks first, you can right/control click the selected regions and select Color Regions by Tracks after the fact

or

select the regions and go to Regions > Color Regions by Channel Strips / Instruments

or

select the regions and and use the key command for Color Regions by Channel Strips / Instruments

Edited by redlogic

my question is: can you color regions and the corresponding channel strips simultaneously? I hate having to try to find the same color twice.

If the track has no regions, click its header & click a color. Now you've changed the Track color and its Channel Strip color.

If the track has regions, click its header & click a color. Then Command+Click the same color. Now the Track, Regions and Channel Strips will all have the same color.