bouncing negative bars

r4uz

Hi all. First post here.

I currently have a project that streches behind the 0 bar mark (it starts at bar -8 so to say). If I bounce my stereo outs it will bounce from bar 0, even if I set my loop locators respectively and activate them.

There's two things I can do now... Figure out how to bounce correctly from bar -8 (It would be silly if this is not possible), or move the whole project some bars forward. However there's automation on various aux tracks in the arrange window and it'll be a pain to move all that automation too. I guess what I'm trying to ask is if there's an easy way to move a whole project, with all its automation (on aux tracks too) ?

It is not silly if the program doesn't do what you want, especially when where're talking about negative numbers.

Do a Command-A to select all regions and move them 8 bars forward. Logic will ask you about moving the automation data. See if it moves the aux automation, otherwise you're gonna have to move it manually with marque tool.

Edited by triplets

Never, ever place the project start marker at a position other than 1 1 1 1. Not before, not after. It should stay at exactly 1 1 1 1. Otherwise, you'll get all sorts of unexpected behaviors in Logic.

Here's what you could do to get your project to start on 1 1 1 1:

• In the upper 1/2 of the bar ruler, drag a cycle area from your current start project marker position to 1 1 1 1.

• Choose Edit > Cut/Insert Time > Insert Silence Between Locators.

• Drag the project start marker back to 1 1 1 1.