Ultrabeat customization [SOLVED]

eltorcal

Hi - I have been trying to learn my way around Ultrabeat, and have a couple questions that I hope someone can answer. First, I should say that I am not using a MIDI keyboard. I want to work my way through a song a couple bars at a time with the step sequencer, in order to make some little tweaks and hopefully simulate a drum kit being played somewhat organically. Before asking for help here, I read a lot of old posts, watched a couple videos, and have consulted The Book, but am still running into the same wall.

I do not want to create a hybrid Ultrabeat kit, per se. I want to load "studio tight kit" and then replace the cymbals and maybe half of the other preset drum voices with some different samples. For example, I would prefer to use some of the cymbal samples from the Loop library - not from a different Ultrabeat kit. So I loaded a few of the cymbals, etc. into a project and then exported them (as .wav) to a new desktop folder created for this purpose. But when i try to "import" any of these (or any .wav files) from the Ultrabeat window, the files appear shaded, if you know what I mean, so I cannot select any of them. Someone wrote that there is a "drop-down arrow" that allows you to import a new sample, but I simply do not see that. I can't figure out how to put any of these .wav samples on the clipboard that Ultrabeat references, either. It would be ideal if I could actually delete the unwanted drum voices and then fill out the "kit" with samples or, better yet, just start with an empty template and build it from scratch. Is any of this possible? I am going to return to the forum and look for any threads I may have missed, but if anyone has any advice in the meantime, I would sure appreciate it!

Thanks in advance,

eltorcal

Logic 9.1.7

Mac OS 10.6.8

2.66 GHz i7

OWC drives

Focusrite Saffire Pro 40

Thanks wip, but it did not work for me. I have loaded "drag and drop samples" in Ultrabeat, but I am unable to drag anything to the sample slots. I have tried to drag samples directly from the Loops browser, I have exported these Loops to a folder, and I have added them to the Bin, but in each instance, the sample will not load. When I drag one to a sample slot, it simply floats back whence it came, and the "kit" remains empty. I keep looking for a setting on the interface that I should enable or disable, but I can't figure out what the problem is. If you have any thoughts or ideas, please let me know.