Feedback

No I'm not having issues with it i want to create it, now I know I can create a feedback loop but what I would like to do it create controlled feedback. Ever heard a guitarist play, with his guitar just on the edge of it feeding back you get this kind of resonance.

A guitarist simply has to move away a little bit from his amp when it builds up too much and obviously thats how its controlled in the real world but in a DAW it goes a bit bananas. How can this be controlled in Logic even better anyone know of a plugin that does this effect?

I have an E-bow, I've had it for a few years. I never really thought about it like that but I guess it's a similar principle. Except I want my feedback to be audible and adjustable where as the bow's feedback is internal.

I've thought of sending the feedback to the side chain of its own compressor to control the feedback but this leaves two problems. In the DAW as soon as a loop is made it feeds back instantly so I can't find a way of having a triggering source. Also there's the issue of separating the triggering audio channel from the actual feedback so the compressor can be used in the way I said.

What guitar (and pick ups) are you using?

Nothing special, it's just a Gibson replica but has Dimarzio pickups.

I have to say tho this isn't a guitar thing I'm trying to do, that plugging looks like it does what I want, I used the guitar as an example of the effect but another way to explain it could be the feedback setting on an analogue synth. I thought maybe something could be routed in logic.

O.K Im not looking for any production prizes with this, it is just to demo the feedback. I have scanned through it with a notch as you can choose what frequency the feed back is! by adding an EQ after the guitar amp and then sweeping. It sounds like the guitarist is moving around.

I haven't done it very well as its just a quick demo. I didn't even want it for a guitar effect I actually want it for a synth sound but this really is awesome. All credit to Fader8

Guitar feedback demo.wav.zip