Best way of speeding up a track?

rekloos

I have a finished track which clocks in at about 71bpm and would like to take up to 73.

I can probably go back to a multitrack version before i bounced stems which I'm assuming would

be better.

No midi, just audio with lots of editing/regions/fades.....

Just wondering how I could achieve this, artifacts free?

I would try flexing the tracks and changing the tempo.

I've flexed regions before but never everything in a track, afraid it might become a mess.

How do I go about it, when I have a lot of regions/edits? Select all and flex then what?

Or should I bounce the regions in each track then flex and match tempo?

thx...

It's as easy as that, the trick is to choose the right mode for the right track (slicing for drums, monophonic for vocals, wind instruments, lead synths etc....) and to avoid the artifacts. If you get artifacts on one track, try cleaning up the location of transients, maybe Logic didn't detect them right. You can do that in the sample editor:

Audio Editing and Processing in the Sample Editor

Yeah, I think I should just spend some time working on this scenario and get the hang of it, most likely will be doing it again in the future.

What about the strech algorithm? My impression is that you choose one accross the board right? Can't change it for each track.

Is there a particular one you suggest for this situation?

No, you most probably want a different algo for each track: slicing for drums, monophonic for vocals, polyphonic for instruments playing chords etc...

See: Getting to Know the Flex Modes

Thx David.

I get the part about the flex modes, what I was wondering about is

>Audio>Time Stretch Algorithm> then you have options to choose, like Legacy, Complex etc.

I get the part about the flex modes, what I was wondering about is

>Audio>Time Stretch Algorithm> then you have options to choose, like Legacy, Complex etc.

Those don't apply to Flex, which is a non-destructive process. They concern destructive time stretching: in the sample editor, or in the Arrange area when option-resizing a region.

Archived