Installing Amplitube 3?

Can't get any info or support from Amplitube because I am trying to install the free demo version of Amplitube 3 within Logic.

I am trying out various third party plugins for guitar and have already successfully installed Guitar Rig 5 within Logic...very easy. Having a much harder time installing Amplitube 3.

Can someone help me out with installing Amplitube 3. . .or, at least point in the right direction within the Logic Pro User's Manual???

BTW, Ampitube works by itself on my Mac. . .just can't seem to figure out how to record with the settings.

Much appreciated. :D

Check /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

Has the Amplitube 3.component installed ?

If it has and is not being scanned, are you running in 64 or 32 bit mode, whichever switch to the other one and see if it scans in.

Although would also suggest you checkout http://www.scuffhamamps.com/product

Simpler and more useable than Amplitube 3

Best of luck,

Terry

Check /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components

Has the Amplitube 3.component installed ?

If it has and is not being scanned, are you running in 64 or 32 bit mode, whichever switch to the other one and see if it scans in.

Although would also suggest you checkout http://www.scuffhamamps.com/product

Simpler and more useable than Amplitube 3

Best of luck,

Terry

Thanks for the link! I downloaded that too. . .sounds great and relatively cheap as well.

Is it true that for some third party plugins like Amplitube and Scuffamamps you have to import your settings into Logic's Library? That is, you can't open the amp simulation programs actually WITHIN Logic itself? Is this correct??? For some reason Guitar Rig lets you do it . . .which is kind of cool.

Amplitube 3 works perfectly fine in Logic as a plug-in.

What in particular are you getting stuck with? I guess if you're using the stand-alone application that you installed and ran the IK Multimedia Authorization Manager ok?

Does IK Multimedia show up on your plug-ins menu in Logic?

Wow. I did not know that.

In answer to your question. . .no. . .IK Multimedia does not show up in my plug-in menu within Logic. . .only Guitar Rig. It is, however, present on my desktop and within Launchpad and works great as a stand alone. It's also not in my Audio Units Manager either. What to do?

Edited by deckard1

I don't know...

Maybe you should contact IK Multimedia support, because if you ran the installer it should have added the AU component, allowing you to open Amplitube in Logic (just to make sure, when you click-hold an insert slot, it will be under Audio Units [at the bottom]>IK Multimedia>Amplitube).

Okay. . .thanks.

I am sure I am screwing something up as I am not very good with computers. :mrgreen:

It should pretty much do it by itself when you run the installer, I'm not sure how you could manage to screw it up!

Something is amiss. I just posted the same question in the IK Multimedia support forums. So hopefully I'll get an answer.

Of the three amp simulators I have tried out so far [Guitar Rig 5, Amplitube 3, Scuffamamps], I like Amplitube the best. . .just thought I would throw that in there. Of course, it's also the most expensive. :lol:

• 9 months later...

So it doesn't seem like this has been solved; I got the iRig HD today and downloaded Amplitube & Amplitube Metal - nothing is showing up in Logic Pro 9 (brand new mac mini). I have no idea how to even access any of the suggestions you are talking about - so I guess fgor now my questions are these:

1) How do you start and/or scan plug-ins in 32 vs 64 bit mode? I've searched nearly every menu and dropdown and button and whatnot but still no closer to the answer.

2) I don't understand about trying to find Amplitube through a "MIDI-controlled...." thing in an instrument track; if you think this is the way to make Logic see Amplitube, will you please guide me through this process?

Or if this has been solved elsewhere, a link in response is fin; thanks!

decreebass, please take a minute to read our forum rules and add your Logic version and system info to your signature: Forum Rules - please READ THIS before posting (#5)

1) How do you start and/or scan plug-ins in 32 vs 64 bit mode? I've searched nearly every menu and dropdown and button and whatnot but still no closer to the answer.

How do I use Logic Pro or MainStage in 64-bit mode?

However, the current version of Amplitube is available as both a 32bit and 64bit plug-in, so it doesn't really matter in which mode you're running Logic.

2) I don't understand about trying to find Amplitube through a "MIDI-controlled...." thing in an instrument track; if you think this is the way to make Logic see Amplitube, will you please guide me through this process?

Loading Amplitube as a MIDI-controlled effect has nothing to do with the actual installation or having it show up in Logic, so don't worry about it for now.

J.