Annoying pops!

Acesulfame

Hey, i need some advice with this. When i have a guitar riff and want to cut it at the end of a bar, (even though it is still playing or may have some fuzz from me muting the guitar with my hand after ive finished the riff) it makes a horrible click/pop noise. With all my recordings i want to end the riffs perfectly in time with no background noise but when a track is cut and stops in the middle of playing this damn click/pop noise occurs and ruins the mix.

Ive basically been using the volume in track automation and going through the arduous task of turning the volume right down at the end of the tracks but this is physically and mentally painful to do over so many tracks. Also its not just at the end of the tracks that this occurs. If i want to begin a riff straight from the first count of the bar then the same problem occurs at the beginning of the recording.

Advice on this will be very very much appreciated. Thankyou

-Andy

hi

to get a better response you need to give us more to work with:

- version of Logic

- what mac you are using

- version of os

- type of audio interface

- buffer settings you are using

- does your interface have preamps / are you using individual preamps (if so what are they)?

other than that, what do you mean....

>When i have a guitar riff and want to cut it at the end of a bar, (even though it is >still playing or may have some fuzz from me muting the guitar with my hand >after ive finished the riff) it makes a horrible click/pop noise.

do you mean, you record your guitar part. But at the end of the bar when you stop playing, even though logic is still recording there is a loud click/pop?

or do you mean, upon playback of the recorded guitar part there is a click/pop?

either way, a click/pop could be cause by running at a very low buffer rate setting...but unlikely in this case.

otherwise, fading out the audio at the end of the bar.... or automating as you are doing, or try double clicking on the audio file and the sample editor window will open. scroll to the end of the sample editor window, go to [edit> search zero crossings] (make sure it is ticked. try adjusting the end point so that there is no click.

If that doesn't work, zoom in to the end point and use the pencil tool to draw a flat line crossing the end point - that should eliminate the click/pop - but keep a copy of the original file because the sample editor desctructively edits the audio file.

With all my recordings i want to end the riffs perfectly in time with no background noise but when a track is cut and stops in the middle of playing this damn click/pop noise occurs and ruins the mix.