Memory issue opening my project on friend's Mac.

marcuscw

Hey All,

I have a 2 x 2.26 Quad-Core Mac Pro, with 10GB DDR3, running Leopard 10.5.8 and Logic 9.1.5.

My friend has 2 x 2.26 Quad-Core Mac Pro, with 26GB DDR3, Snow Leopard 10.6.? and the latest Logic update.

But, when I open a heavy project that I have trouble with running because of frequent memory errors and Logic quitting on me on his Mac, it won't even run, when we hit play it instantly says Logic will quit your project will be saved.

I can work in the project on my mac, but he can't even run it. Is something wrong with his mac? Where should I start looking, are there tests I can run?

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry for replying so late, but I just found out it's actually a problem with OSX 10.6.8. I just updated my mac from 10.5.8 to 10.6.8, and the same project I mentioned above wont open properly anymore!! It opens with the memory warning saying some plugins have been disabled.... How weird is this??

try this:

-close logic and all unneeded applications.

-open terminal under application/utilities then write the word "purge" without brackets and hit enter.

-quit terminal

-re-open logic

-load the song

good luck

You'll need the Xcode developer tools installed for this to work.