Logic Pro 9 - M-Audio Venom Midi issues

Si Portway

Hi there!

I'm a novice midi user to please bare with me if you questions seem daft, i have a venom linked up to logic pro 9 and an IMac Serial Number (system): YM83552YZE4 version 10.6.8, processor 2.8GHz Intel core 2 due memory 2GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, I can record a sound from the venom onto one midi channel, but when i select a different midi channel and use a different sound the previous sound changes, I cant seem to keep individual sounds on individual channels, it's driving me nuts!, my midi setup was done by M-Audio's help desk, who today told me that they cant help me, I want ot be able to record different sounds off of the venom onto logic and not have them keep changing, I also want to use the venom to control other sounds I input from the venom, can anyone advise on how I overcome these problems please?

Cheers Si :oops:

Hey Dave, thanks for your reply, I had a template set up in logic by a guy who works for M-Audio, he too has a similar set up to me and took pity on my, I wrote down the steps to take as he described them, but something has gone wrong.

I've looked at all the Midi tracks he's set up, in the global tracks window on the left they say venom, if i right click I get a box that allows me to reassign tracks, lists click & ports, Midi instr whereby I can select GM device, Venom `(which is ticked) and Venom Midi out, the library box stays the same, it currently reads in list order GM device, other objects, Venom, Venom midi out & venom synth out.

It seems like there's a setting or a function that I need to adjust to change, but i don;t have a clue which one or where to start, I'm very new to this and very embarrassed.

I hope you can help.

• 2 months later...
Hello, I've read several forums including this one about the Venom 49 and Logic pro 9 compatibility. My problem is Logic recognizes the venom I have the Venom set up to Midi out and Local Off- Connected Via USB- to my Mac Book Pro. I have the sound settings in the preference adjusted -Output Built in Audio- Input Venom - Audio Midi Setup recognizes the Venom. I have tried the Logic Preference set up midi but the product is not registered in the list. And I still can't play or record sound from the Venom. I also have a Axiom 25 connect but no problem there, works just fine(plug and Play) can't say the same for the Venom.