Logic 9 and RMX 1000

songboy

Hi, I am having another issue (just updated to Mountain Lion) all of a sudden. I have been using my RMX 1000 hardware/software in Logic 9 for a few months and everything worked great until the dreaded update. Now, if I engage the "plug n play" feature to connect the two units, the playhead of Logic 9 gets stuck in a 4 bar loop in the negative section of the playhead. The only way to stop this is to unclick the plug n play feature. Now, correct me if I am wrong but the only way to use Pioneer's RMX 1000 hardware with the dedicated Software is via the "Plug n Play" feature due to the fact that Logic does not allow individual tracks to use individual Midi Routings. This is highly disappointing to say the least but wasn't a deal breaker until now. Due to the many issues I am now facing in Logic these days, I am very much considering the move to Pro Tools. However, I don't look forward to learning more software as I really prefer playing music instead. Does anyone have any ideas about this issue or better yet, any guidance on setting up multiple midi devices with there own midi routings? I am fairly versed in the Environment but as far as I can tell you can have only one "Sequencer Input." Until that changes, midi routings are, forgive me but, very pathetic. Either way, I sincerely hope that the folks at

Apple realize the importance of this or they may find that serious External Midi owners will be moving on for greener pasture.

S

As per the RMX 1000 Support News Page...

[Aug 01, 2012] Support for OS X Mountain Lion v10.8

---

Apple has released OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.

Pioneer has been researching compatibility with OS X Mountain Lion v10.8 since its release.

As soon as we verified compatibility with our products, we will release compatibility information on this support site.

Current software (Firmware and Driver software) may not work with OS X Mountain Lion v10.8 properly at this moment.

※ Full functionality is not guaranteed with OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.

So, the problem (and fix) lies with Pioneer.... It seems that it's taking them (Pioneer) some time to update everything... but in the meantime, you could 'roll back' to your previous config... assuming you made backups prior to installing ML?

I am a poor researcher apparently. I looked it up on the Pioneer Forum and found nothing. Thank you very much.

S

Well, they didn't exactly make it easy to find, that's for sure. I only happened upon it when I accidentally clicked on the 'news' button at the top of the support page. There was nothing directly on the main support page nor the download page, for anyone to easily see...