Sustain-Pedal help

logicbeginner

Hi,

I have a problem with the sustain pedal. Everytime I edit " midi event" the sustain disapears. I've read somewhere this could happen when you cut the sustainpedal in the beginning... but when i tried not to, the same thing happens :?

Instead.. I've been trying to edit "sustianpedal" to the notes that have lost the sustainpedal. I tried in pianoroll- >sustainpedal.. but nothing happens.. I also tried in score.. I don't want to lengthen the midi notes because it's doesn't sound anything like a real sustain pedal.

Would be VERY grateful for any help..!

have you got chase events on or off in project settings / MIDI?

Have you got any other tracks being sent to the same instrument?

Most of them are on, except " send full midi reset before chasing" I don't know what it is.. and " no transpose instrument channel strips"..

What do you mean other tracks being sent to the same instrument.. I'm new at this.. :( Where can I see if there are other tracks being sent to the same instrument?

I do have serval tracks though..

have you got chase events on or off in project settings / MIDI?

Have you got any other tracks being sent to the same instrument?

Most of them are on, except " send full midi reset before chasing" I don't know what it is.. and " no transpose instrument channel strips"..

I asked because it could be that you're pressing the sustain pedal prior to the start of the region (recorded section) so it's not registering when you play back. Chase events makes logic read controller events (like sustain) prior to where you're playing from

What do you mean other tracks being sent to the same instrument.. I'm new at this.. :( Where can I see if there are other tracks being sent to the same instrument?

I do have serval tracks though..

Look in the mixer and see how many channels you have for the piano. If you have 1 channel, yet you have two tracks in the arrange window that you can play the piano through then you'll know. Seems unlikely you'd do this by accident though...

*scratches head*

Let's go back a bit. So you audition the piano part and the sustain is working fine. You record the region and it's still working. Then you "edit" the region and it goes away. Can you say specifically how you "edit" the region?