Transformer question [SOLVED]

hungrydave

Because my FATAR tends to spit out random midi when it switches on and off. I'm trying to make a transformer that will protect my channel strips from being changed by this.

I only ever use the following controllers from the FATAR. CC1, CC11 and CC64. I want to filter everything else. I've set my transformer to 'filter matching events' and used 'unequal to' to filter everything except mod wheel CC1 (So far so good). But how can i add the other two CC's? If i make three transformers in a row, obviously that wont work as the first will filter everything but CC1, the second will filter everything but CC11, meaning by that point there's no control data at all :-(

Obviously i could work the opposite way. Make a transformer to filter everything above CC65, then another to filter everything inside CC12-63, and another to filter everything inside CC2-10. That doesn't seem like a very elegant approach though. I'm wondering if anyone has a better suggestion.

I've attached a screen shot of my clicks and ports layer

thanks

64172361_Screenshot2012-09-19at23_38_36.png.68a338973f39280b5f64ff71f3f3fbc2.png

HAHA! nice, Condition splitter is a new one for me. Thanks

Is there any particular reason why the condition splitter has an 'operations' panel. Surely it only needs the conditions to split, much like 'filter non matching events' which only has 'conditions' and no 'operations'

Nope. You're missing how powerful this thing is by thinking that it should only work a certain way. With operations available, you have the option to condition split as well as transform the data that's being routed to the top cable. Condition splitting mode is probably the most powerful of all transformer modes, and being that you're a MIDI guy (judging from your various posts) I think you'll find this to be true as you gain experience using this mode.

HAHA! nice, Condition splitter is a new one for me. Thanks

Is there any particular reason why the condition splitter has an 'operations' panel. Surely it only needs the conditions to split, much like 'filter non matching events' which only has 'conditions' and no 'operations'

Nope. You're missing how powerful this thing is by thinking that it should only work a certain way. With operations available, you have the option to condition split as well as transform the data that's being routed to the top cable. Condition splitting mode is probably the most powerful of all transformer modes, and being that you're a MIDI guy (judging from your various posts) I think you'll find this to be true as you gain experience using this mode.

Hi ski. I'm not objecting to having the extra flexibility, just wondering if there was a specific reason why there was operations on the splitter, but not on the filter. I thought there was maybe some way to incorporate it into the 'split' in some way that was eluding my brain :-)

Personally i'd quite like to see the conditions area have a (+/-) button to include more lines of conditions. So for example i could have done this whole thing with one transformer, using 'filter non matching events', 5 conditions lines: 3 for my 3 CC's, 1 for notes and 1 for pitch bend.