Filtering Automation List View

eclectic

I have automated multiple parameters of a Zebra 2 patch (Soft Synth) on one channel strip and I want to be able to filter the automation list, so that I can see each parameter separately. e.g. I want to see the automation data of the tune parameter by itself in the automation list.

How do I do this?

If by automation list you mean the Automation Event Lists, you can't.

Or... you would have to move that parameter into another region first, then only display the contents of that new region in the Automation Event Lists.

What are you ultimately trying to do? Maybe we can find a better way for you to reach your goal.

Yeah, I did actually mean the automation event list.

The problem was that I wanted to view a few problem nodes, in the automation event list, so I could see there MIDI values. I know you can view selected nodes in the list, but it's hard to get a good overview for a single parameter.

So what I was thinking is that I duplicate the problem track in the environment and then also create a duplicate of the channel strip in the arrange area. I then reassign the duplicate channel strip to the track I duplicated in the environment. This way I can have multiple automation lanes, which I can view separately in the automation list.

I'll only do this though, if I need it for a special case, like the one I was in today.

Do you think this is the best solution for this problem?

So what I was thinking is that I duplicate the problem track in the environment and then also create a duplicate of the channel strip in the arrange area.

I'm assuming you meant the opposite? There are no tracks in the environment, and no channel strips in the Arrange area. You create tracks in the Arrange area, channel strips in the environment.

Do you think this is the best solution for this problem?

Hard to say as the only thing I know about your problem is that you "want to view a few problem nodes". If you describe what you're doing in more details I may be able to answer that. One thing I can already tell you is that there shouldn't be a need to do anything in the environment, as you can create new tracks and channel strips from the Arrange area local menus.