Komplete 7 taking too long to install

I've been trying to install komplete 7 discs for the last 2 days too, that's a mission in itself. It's taking me over an hour install a 2gig file, surely that can't be correct?

Anyway back to Logic. It's all very strange to me, sending channels to buses, not because you have put an effect on it and want to send multiple channels to it, but so you can engage a new core. It's really bizarre :s

So if i have some struggling software instruments that I want to run live and send to an effects bus, I have to output the channel to a bus (to use a new core) and then send form that to an effects bus...LOL

I'm not having a go at any of you of course, just logic i suppose.

Don

To create disk images of Logic Disk Set

1) Insert the first disk to convert into the disk drive. Wait for the computer to identify the disk, and add an icon for it on the desktop.

2) Go to Applications/Utilities and run Disk Utility

3) Select the first disk from the list of hard drive(s) and disks on the left. There should be a small disk icon and then the name of the disk; it appears under a small disk icon with the name of the CD/DVD drive.

4) Choose "New Image" from the icons at the top of the window once the disk name is highlighted. It should appear as a drive icon within a page icon with a green and white plus sing in the top right corner. *updated* Make sure 'compressed' option is unchecked and that image is 'read only'.

5) Choose where to save your DMG image and save.

6) Repeat for each disk giving each a different name (Use the same numbers/names as printed on the physical disks)

7) Now, all you need to do after completing this is to load each DMG image (They behave like any other DVD/CD) and install as normal..

Done!

Edited by n6smith

lovely stuff thanks chaps. Won't it take the same length of time to create the disc image as it would be to just install from the disc though? I mean they are both essentially dragging the data from the disc to the computer?

Do any of you have komplete 7? my disc B has a fault, that's why I'm having to install the other discs manually while i wait for NI to send me a new disc or something. It's a known fault too which is annoying.