Problem opening file

eaglesbecomevultures

I hope I've included all the info I need in my signature. Let me know if I need to provide more!

I was working on some mixes tonight, switching from one file to another. When I attempted to reopen a file I had been working on previously (within 5 minutes), Logic completely froze up, locking up my computer for a good minute or so. I then got the message "The operation could not be completed. No other information is available about the problem". After trying a couple more times, I searched these forums for an answer and the only one I could seem to find involved files having a @0 extension (or something like that) that needed to be deleted. I looked for that, and everything seemed to be in order. Other projects are opening fine.

I also tried importing the file into another project from the browser, and got a message saying the file was incompatible with Logic and I need to open it with Logic 7.. What?

If anyone has any ideas how to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it! Out of any of my files, this is the worst one to corrupt...

Hmm.. Just tried to zip it and my computer locked up again, then gave me the error "There was an error compressing the file".

Sounds like something is wrong with that file. Try opening a brand new empty project template in Logic, and import all tracks (including global tracks) from the problem project to that fresh new one, to rebuild it.

Sounds like something is wrong with that file. Try opening a brand new empty project template in Logic, and import all tracks (including global tracks) from the problem project to that fresh new one, to rebuild it.

I also tried importing the file into another project from the browser, and got a message saying the file was incompatible with Logic and I need to open it with Logic 7.. What?

:?

J.

Not being able to compress a file is sometimes a sign that you don't have enough free space on your hard drive. Suggest you check that right away. If you have only a very small amount of free space left, get yourself a back drive immediately and start offloading stuff to it (manually, if necessary, or use Time Machine to do all the work for you. In that case you'll need a hard drive that's at least 2x the capacity of your internal). After you back up, start deleting files to free up space. You need to have at least 20% free space for any hard drive to work well with your Mac. More is better.