Import aiff file in project w/ different frequency [SOLVED]

camembert

Hello,

i'm making a short radio play and want to import a last sound clip into the almost finished play. unfortunately, the project is at a different frequency than the sound clip.if i play it it is twice as slow a it should be. if i change the frequancy in the settings, then the sound clip sound ok but the other recordings as twice too fast.

the idea is to change the frequency of the sound clip and then import it into the project. how can I do that? I tried with audacity, exporting the sound clip at the right frequency, but then it won't be imported by logic (error message).

the mistake happened because i used another recorder for the last sound clip and did not pay attention to the frequency.

i'm grateful for any help.

camembert

ps - by the way, i'm using logic pro 8 and it will not let me import mp3s. Is that normal? Thanks again...

If you saved your project including assets (you can check under Settings > Assets and the first two checkboxes should be selected), then importing or drag and dropping the audio files to your project should automatically convert their sample rate.

Otherwise you can manually convert an audio file's sample in the Bin: Select the file and choose Audio File > Copy/Convert Audio File(s).

mp3 are a delivery format, not a production format. If you follow my instructions, attempting to import an mp3 should convert it into a PCM (aiff) file.