How to make this synth sound via Logic Pro samplers?

Hi everybody,

I am trying to make this synth sound (see video) with any of the Logic Pro samplers. I tried some of the presets of the "Sculpture Softsynth" sampler and they sounded almost exactly alike, but there was to much noise or distortion. And also I know for a fact that this was made in Logic Pro according to several very reliable sources, including the maker of this sound.

I already know how to do the auto filter part because I've done it before. There is also a Midi file that I produced of this tune (see attachment).

Any help or suggestions on how to setup one of the samplers to make this synth would be very much appreciated.

Thank you :-)

My Song 1187.mid

Edited by claytonr

If you found presets in Sculpture that sounds close to what you are after, why do you not just shut down the noise and distortion?

Must admit I am not using Sculpture at all myself, but so far I have not stumbled into any synth where you can not get rid of noise or distortion from a preset, so I am sure some smart sculpture-user on the forum could point you in the right direction!

Nice sounds in the clip btw, would love to know which presets in sculpture that sounds like this, maybe I need to start giving that synth a few spins.

• 2 months later...

Hi everybody,

Sorry it took so long for me to get back. I've been without any internet all this time.

Tere was one Sculpture preset I used called "Starry Night" in the "Modeled Pads" section of the sculpture preset library. And I also bought NI Massive; I got some pretty similar sounding presets there. But I just went back to the Logic Pro project I was trying to make that sound with, and listened to the starry night modeled pad preset again and compared it the original sound sample from the video again and to be honest, I think that is the exact preset the original artist used, but somehow he just took out the noise and/or distortion out of it by adjusting some of the knobs or sliders in the Sculpture synth.

So if anyone can try to with that preset in Sculpture for me to try to get the noise out and make it sound smoother, and tell me exactly what it is I need to do to make it sound like that without the auto filter, that would be widely appreciated. :D I'm sure there's not much you really need to do. But I can't figure it out right at the moment.

Btw, thanks for your comment Mr. S. :D I'm glad you liked the sound of the youtube song I posted. I hope you're having (or had) a great time with the Sculpture synth. If you like the sound, I would recommend getting NI Massive if you haven't already. It's one really good synth plugin!

Thank you, :)

Clayton

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

There's a new video I uploaded of the same sound but this time it's not auto filtered. See Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrGft-gaBV4

Btw: The artist that made this song is Adam Young (aka Owl City) He used Logic Pro to make this sound. I read that he also uses the ES2 Sampler in Logic a lot. The sample in the video is "gargly" because there was originally a vocal sample over the synth, and I just removed it with Adobe Audition so it was just the music left.

So maybe it was the ES2... idk. but I'm looking to get a better result than I did with NI Massive. So can anyone please tell me or give me some clues on how to get an accurate as possible result with the ES2 or Sculpture synth, because I also want to use this synth sound with my own songs/melodies. I attached an updated and more accurate MIDI file, too.

Thank you

-Clayton :-D

Logic_Pro_MIDI_Sample_By_CJR.mid

• 2 weeks later...