MIDI window behaviour [SOLVED]

buzwah

Can anyone shed some light on why this is happening?

When I record enable an Audio track the Midi Out Box in the the Transport flashes from 0 to 127 about twice a second and it's distractiing me. It's not even a MIDI track but an Audio one. Even if I unplug my MOTU Ultralite it still happens. When it is plugged in all the MIDI channels on the Ultralite flash in unison with the MIDI out window. With no controller connected it still behaves this way. Any thoughts anyone?

Thinking out of the box here....

How do you have the Metronome set up? It sounds like you have it pointing to an external Midi Device... hence what you are seeing..

If you slow the Tempo down to 60, does the flashing slow down to one flash a second? If so, the metronome is likely to be the culprit...

When I open the Control Surfaces page I have an iControl and an iPad set there. When I try to delete the iControl Logic quits so I can't get past that point to see if it's that. Tell me when you rec enable an audio track does your channel strip rec button flash on/off? The numbers in my MIDI window go from 0 -127 in unison with that channel strip rec button.

Another thing I noticed is that if I solo a Software instrument channel in the Mixer window the numbers flash but instead of the left number in the MIDI window being 68 it's 87. If I solo an audio track in the Mixer window the left number is 86. If I solo the Audio track in the Arrange window nothing unusual happens.

I don't understand what's going on. Should I be wasting any more time on this or is it something Logic does?