Dragging drums into the arrange window [SOLVED]

Michaelc22

So, I tried doing a search on this topic and could not find my answer. But I have been dropping one shot audio drum samples onto the arrange and nudging them around to try and get a groove going. What I am trying to figure out is on my kick track if I wanna make a ghost note or change the velocity of certain kicks on the track how do I accomplish this? Is using the automation the only way?

Hmmm...

While it is totally a personal preference thing, and I know lots of people who use audio rather than midi for drums to great effect, I would say that there are many advantages to working in midi. For ease of use, especially if you're wanting ghost notes and the like, being able to use velocity and all the filters and such you find on software samplers gives many advantages over audio. IMO it's far easier, quicker and gives you more options.

But, some people just get on better with audio, and of course there's nothing wrong with that.