EXS 24 and sample editor [SOLVED]

Michaelc22

So, I watched a video on how how do use the backslash key to slice an audio file while its playing in the arrange page. After I sliced it, I dragged the slices into the exs and made the group. In the editor I clicked on a zone to open it up in the sample editor so I could fine tune my start and end points, but when I play them out, the edits dont do anything to the play back. Any advice. Im not sure if this is the best way to go about chopping up samples.

i actually just clicked on the exs it made and for some reason now its not saving the zones in there. the only thing I can recall doing earlier is I opened a kontakt player and tried loading a file and accidentally created some folder in the project from an option kontakt brought up about patch loading. But I just opened a new project and started from scratch and its working now. Weird?

I think it had something do do with with snap zero crossing?

I doubt it, I don't see how that could be related to turning an audio file into a sampler instrument.

Can I delete the audio track I converted to sampler track from?

Yes, but you need to keep the audio file somewhere on your hard drive.

whats the best way to adjust each drum hit?

What kind of adjustment? If you open the instrument editor you'll notice you can adjust samples' level, pitch etc.... then if you want to process samples individually (for example you want only one of them to have a reverb) then you use the multi-out version.