Waves change shape when zoomed in Quick Swipe

bloodychoir

Hi, I just can't find any answers on this one, certainly not from the manual. When I'm closing in on detail of a wave while comping using Quick Swipe the wave is as detailed as normal until I start to swipe, then it turns into an undetailed 'log', eliminating all possibility of making a smooth transition. I don't know if this is some kind of harebrained attempt to make things simple for us or an option I appear to have activated. As I don't recall doing so and indeed can't even locate a preference for wave shapes I'm thinking it's default. If anyone can actually understand what I'm referring to and has an answer I'd really appreciate it, it's driving me mad.

Thanks

Please add screenshots of both situations, and include a visible timeline for reference. Pics just make these kind of issues much more clear. Now I'm sort of guessing.

Having said that...

It sounds to me like you're going from a sample accurate representation of the waveform to one that displays more than one sample per pixel. The latter will always be approximations. The only solution is to zoom in more.

• 1 month later...

I think I know what you're describing and it happens to me, too. It looks to me like Logic switches to a low res preview of the waveform when you're actually dragging the edge of the comp. I have no idea why or if it's a setting that can be changed, but here are images:

Zoomed in and not changing the comp:

waveform_hires.jpg.728f3452338e5d615ebf521609f6883b.jpg

Same zoom, but dragging the edge of the comp:

waveform_lowres.jpg.eaa6d1c833b4ba45aa7553435748bfcb.jpg

Does anyone know if this is just a limitation of Quick Swipe comping?

• 2 years later...

Was a solution to this ever found? i just ran into it and it's making accurate quick swipe editing impossible. i don't recall every having this problem before. I quit logic and relaunched but the problem remains.

Logic Pro X 10.1.1

Mac Pro (Early 2008)

OS 10.10.2