using two display screens with logic

gritzildino

Not exactly sure what its called. But I would like to use two screens when I am producin g with logic so I can see the arrange window and mixer at the same time. Ive noticed when I am doing this, logic gets hung and is very slow....

IMG_0143.thumb.jpg.1933f1e23b2d844a1f200523779a35b5.jpg

Is there any way that I can get my system (shown above) to work better!? I was thinking there must be a way to lower the resolution of my larger screen im sending to?

If you open System Preferences -> Displays, you will find that each screen will have its own settings window where you can adjust the resolution.

It sounds like something else could be the problem though - you shouldn't have any trouble running two monitors with that system. Open Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor and see if something else is loading your CPU.

Oh, this looks like one of those crazy new retina macbooks. I know the whole screen resolution game is different with those things, but that's about all I know. I can't help you on that front I'm afraid!

I'm still inclined to think it's something else though. Is it just Logic that performs badly on two screens? How slow are we talking?