Modern rock ITB with videos

Matcher

Hi all

Here's a song me and my friend got finished recently. All made in Logic with a bunch of third party plugins from Toontrack, Spectrasonics, IK Multimedia, Massey, Izotope, Voxengo, Lepou etc. The project was running ok with a 2,2GHz i7 MBP.

We even made a quick video with FCPX trial :) Check it out

Edited by Matcher

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey, Matcher!

I like all three tunes! Really good work, man! I do, however, have a gripe about the mixes on all three. I think the mixing could/should be reconsidered, especially the vocals; they get lost and sound muffled and indistinct. And the singer is good, too! All the more reason to want him out there. I think it's important that the voice---more than any other element--- be clear, so it can deliver the melody and the lyric, which is after all the song.

Really liking what you have... 8)

Thank you for the comments! I hear you about the vocals..with the newest song we did several mixes, and one of them had the vocals a bit louder, and with a bit more highs, but the singer and a group of friends picked up the version that is in youtube now, and that was my favorite too. Youtube does something to the music, especially the highs get muffled and the resolution of the original mix is pretty much gone. Of course some speakers reveal the vocals better than others too. Anyway, I'll have too keep experimenting with different signal chains to get the vocals sounding big and clear without a karaoke effect.

I think you gave us our first constructive comments, so thanks again!

Youtube does something to the music, especially the highs get muffled and the resolution of the original mix is pretty much gone.

I hear ya... (And I might add that I had just rolled outta bed and slammed on my headphones before the machine ---me--- was 100% up 'n' running! :lol: )

I think you gave us our first constructive comments, so thanks again!

You're very welcome. Again, excellent songwork!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...