Bar/Beat Ruler Not Correct in Sample Editor

chrisodd

In the sample editor, the Bar/Beat Ruler frequently does not match up with the one in the Arrange Window.

In the attached screenshot, I've paused the playhead and you can see that it supposed to be at 62 4 10 37 according to the arrange window, but in the floating Sample Editor, the playhead is closer to 62 4 13 0.

Usually, as I make tempo adjustments and save them, the ruler markings in the sample editor will "shift" to reflect the change I've made. However, sometimes it just stops working. Occasionally, choosing Audio File - Update File Information will fix it, but sometimes that doesn't work either.

Anyone have any ideas on what's going on and how to correct it?

877741178_ScreenShot2012-10-14at4_31_41PM.thumb.jpg.e4b38565841b8785b9977e8b929eb71f.jpg

Screenshot of out of sync ruler bar in Sample Editor

Yes, I also get the discrepancy with the Sample Editor occasionally.

Things to try:

1. Change Screensets a few times and try the Sample Editor again.

2. Open a different region in the Sample Editor and then try the original region again.

3. Open a new Arrange window, close the old Arrange window and try the Sample Editor again.

4. Open a new Sample Editor from the Window menu.

The sample editor is an audio file editor. But when you use, say, Flex to stretch your audio regions, you're only stretching the regions, and non-destructively: that means the audio file itself wasn't stretched. So the bar readings in the sample editor are no longer reflective of what's really going on in the Arrange area.

The sample editor is an audio file editor. But when you use, say, Flex to stretch your audio regions, you're only stretching the regions, and non-destructively: that means the audio file itself wasn't stretched. So the bar readings in the sample editor are no longer reflective of what's really going on in the Arrange area.

True...but...several times I've opened say a vocal file that started on bar 8 in the Arrange window and the Sample Editor bar ruler started on bar 39. Or, opened the same vocal file and the Sample Editor opens a bass file starting wherever it wanted.

Doesn't happen often, but sometimes, something gets a little weird.

Usually, one the methods I listed above gets it back on track.

redlogic, I've seen some of the buggy behavior you describe also, but in this case I believe it's just the discrepancy between the original audio file and the speed at which that audio file is played back in the Arrange area. The Sample editor will (consistently and predictably) not reflect the changes you make in the Arrange area:

338147729_Picture5.png.34185975fa12cb13411dcf4f61517041.png

David,

Redlogic is correct, this is NOT due to a change in arrange area. I haven't changed the audio file at all.

This is demonstrated by the fact that if I close the sample editor, change the screenset a few times, etc, the Sample editor will eventually show the Beat/Bar ruler CORRECTLY. It's a pain in that there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what screenset changes I need to make before it corrects itself.

Anyway... most of the time if I have the Sample Editor in the main arrange windowset (not floating), and I double click the track to HIDE the sample editor, then double click it again to reshow it, the bar/beat ruler aligns itself correctly. Most of the time. Sometimes I have to close the whole thing down and reload.