plug-ins won't load

techno1

hey, i downloaded some plug-ins for logic express recently. then i was having problems with the sound in itunes and imovie, so i called apple care. they said to remove the plug-ins folder from 'Audio' which is in the 'Library' folder and try listening (the sound was fixed). i made a new plug-ins folder and moved the plug-ins back into that new folder. then i deleted the original plug-ins folder. but when i load logic (or even garage band), they don't show up! when i try to use a plug-in (like zebra 2, crystal, analog factory), there is no option for selecting them! why is this happening? how can i use my plug-ins again?

thanks

• 2 years later...
What does it mean when a plug-in appears and is checked but doesn't actually work? I downloaded Crystal a while ago and now it doesn't load. If I try to select it as an instrument, Logic (Express) crashes. I tried re-downloading it and repairing permissions, but it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

While that might be common sense to you, it is a huge cop out to me. I've used the plug in before and it's awesome, but it started not working just recently. Common sense to me says that something went wrong that is probably fixable. If anyone has any other advice than to stop using the plug-in, it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks for the insight, bob. I don't have any Native Instrument stuff installed, so that can't be it. Nothing about my set up had changed except that Crystal stopped working. I've heard it's quite the CPU hog, but I'm not even able to play back songs that worked with Crystal a few weeks ago. I might just have to try to move on...