Best guitar/amp designer plug ins?

IK Multimedia's Amplitube 3 Free, then you can get specific gear from the Custom Shop at a reasonable price, rather than buying a ton of amps that you may never use (you can trial everything for free too).

For speaker emulations, for me nothing beats RedWirez impulse responses, their MixIR plug-in is great too.

So what I do is use Amplitube (or sometimes Logic's Guitar Amp Pro) with the cab emulation turned off, and use RedWirez speaker IRs instead.

I personally don't like Line 6 stuff, it sounds too digital to me, but there are plenty of people who do like it.

IK Multimedia's Amplitube 3 Free, then you can get specific gear from the Custom Shop at a reasonable price, rather than buying a ton of amps that you may never use (you can trial everything for free too).

For speaker emulations, for me nothing beats RedWirez impulse responses, their MixIR plug-in is great too.

So what I do is use Amplitube (or sometimes Logic's Guitar Amp Pro) with the cab emulation turned off, and use RedWirez speaker IRs instead.

I personally don't like Line 6 stuff, it sounds too digital to me, but there are plenty of people who do like it.

I'll second this, though I haven't tried redwirez( ill have to give it a go) I do enjoy amplitube.

I'll second this, though I haven't tried redwirez( ill have to give it a go) I do enjoy amplitube.

RedWirez do a free marshall cab, you can use the IRs in Space Designer to see what they sound like, and the dizzying array of different mics and positions. Their MixIR plug-in is very low-CPU usage for multiple IRs, you can put any IR you want in it too, so you can layer reverbs without a ton of Space Designers eating away at your processing power.

I use "Guitar Rig 4" & "'Logic's' Guitar Amp Pro & Bass Amp", but if I was doing it all over, I'd definitely consider "the Rev's" advise, and save $$$...

Something ...reasonably priced, rather than buying a ton of amps that you may never use...

the "big boxes" are nice, but there's so much the average player just won't use (lots of internal plugins & such). If you're planing to do a more eclectic blend of material, then one of the "big boxes' (eg. plugins variations, & fine tuning abilities on amps: bias, saturation, & such... that U have to be a real amp geek, to appreciate), might be, across-the-board, a more advantageous choice :wink:

Archived