Apple/Seagate iMac 1TB Hard-drive Recall

Got a notice from Apple, of a Hard drive recall for my "studio computer" :(

Good news is I get a good HD :) bad is that I'll have to drag the beast into the Apple store :roll: and then reload everything when I get it back :twisted:

:?: If you have an iMac systems that was bought between October 2009 and July 2011, you should check if your iMac is affected @ 1TB Seagate Hard Drive Replacement Program

Edited by rone2him

Any idea what they replace it with? WD?

I had mine fail within the first year (iMac 27, bought in December 2009). I'm still eligible for replacement though which is good (goes until April 2013).

Thing is.. I've replaced my internal CD drive with a 2.5" 7200RPM drive, this would effectively 'void' the warranty no?

I would assume that would use what they are typically stocking & shipping... I'm sure Apple has QC... just a bad batch, that happens even with the best of controls.

I'm personally impressed with Apples recall efforts overall, I had another iMac that they pulled back for mods. They are very conscientious in that way I believe.

Got the system back, 3 days, not to bad ($265 job, all paid by Apple)... now the tasks begins: doing a complete reinstall of LP, Superior2, Guitar Rig 4, Flux plugins, and assorted drivers, and updates. I like the idea of having everything pristine and unused, with unblemished downloads; hopefully be complete late tonight