Creating Custom Ultrabeat Kits

CowboyClyde

Hey all,

I made a custom drum kit in Ultrabeat aka got some samples off the internet and loaded them into UB.

The issue is, EVERY time I open that kit in any project it makes me search for the same 4-5 instruments in the kit. How do I ensure that the sounds just save in the kit so I don't have to keep going through this process?

I want to find a permanent fix instead of always having to re-find the files then do the whole File>Project>Assests etc etc.

tl;dr: How do I properly save my custom Ultrabeat kits?

623876514_ScreenShot2012-09-24at10_07_34PM.thumb.png.067f03c757441266753fd9970b392e4c.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all,

Every time I make an custom Ultrabeat kit, when I try to open it up in a new project, Logic always "loses" some of the samples and I have to go hunting through my sample library again to find the sound.

My question is: How do I properly save the kits so that I don't have to do this every single time?!?!? :evil:

Thanks.

When you are saving a session, you need to read all of the available options to you that you can select. You should be able to do this now with your session by choosing to "save as" therefore it will open the dialog window presenting all of these options. There is an option to "include all assets". Plus I think there are some Ultrabeat specific options as well. Once you choose to include all assets, including Ultrabeat samples, Logic will always make a copy of any sample associated with your project in the project folder. Also this way, if you ever need to open your project on another Logic system, you can simply copy your project folder to a flash drive and take it with you and you know all your samples will be there too.

No problem!

Personally I would just keep my kits organized into the stock Ultrabeat folder. I do however keep my full sample collection on a separate drive. Generally speaking this way the samples are on a different drive than the one that is running your OS and Logic itself. However, in the case of your Ultrabeat kits, assuming they are likely mostly short one-shot samples etc and in the interest of keeping things tidy, I'd just keep them in the Ultrabeat folder. If you keep your full collection on another drive, once you create a new kits and choose to save and include all assets, Logic will tidy everything for you... This is kind of a matter of opinion though.