Aux and Bus organising

xmortenx

I organize a mix in groups Drums, Guitars, Vox etc. I would like the auxes that I use with those groups to sit next to the tracks of the group instead of being placed in numeric order with all the other auxes of the mix. Starting out it looks good, but if I decide to add an extra drum bus later on it takes it´s place in the numeric order of the busses. So all of the sudden I have to reach out far right to mix in a drum ambience bus that is located in between vocal aux sends etc.

Is there a way manually or automatically to organise the placement of the aux returns on perhaps a screen set, so when you press 4 etc you get all drum related tracks and their aux returns (also them you add later in the mix) ??

All the best :D

Another way is to create arrange tracks for those Auxes just as you would, if you want to use automation on the auxes. Then move them (aux tracks) in the arrange window right after the drum tracks, this way you can have sorted in the mixer.

• Select the Aux channel in the mix
  • Press ^T
  • Find the new Track at the end of tracks in the arrange window
  • Move it so it's close to your other relevant tracks
  • In mixer select "Arrange" from the "Single|Arrange|All" filter list

Thanks that works.. However I still like to look at the environment mixer where I can fit a lot of tracks into one screen set. The drawback of this method is so far that more than 4 plugs on at strip, makes the rows overlap. :) So perhaps the track mixer is the best and only way to go.. ;)