9.1.8 update: will colors get overwritten?

jtnyc

I wouldn't think that with the 9.1.8 update that anything about existing Logic's preference setting will have changed. Now, don't quote me on that because I don't know for sure, but for perspective... Logic's preferences didn't get overwritten or reset when I updated from Logic 8 to 9, nor during any of the interim releases of either 8 or 9.

So with that in mind...

The color palette is indeed stored in Logic's prefs (that's the file with the .plist extension). Proof of this comes in the form of deliberately trashing the prefs, forcing Logic to create a fresh pref file. When you do this, all custom colors as seen in the palette revert to their defaults. And the color palette is just one of about 150 things (literally) that get set back to their default after prefs are trashed.

So I'd say it's a safe bet that when you update the program, you won't also be updating or otherwise altering the preference file.

However...

If you want to be safe, go into your preference folder and create a duplicate of the .plist file before you update.