Logic Recents

Markisflippinsweet

Tonight, I quit Logic 9.1.8, and it randomly disappeared from my dock.

Upon dragging it back, and a few opened projects later, I realized something: my recent projects list (the one you see when holding Logic in the dock) is gone, and does not seem to come back up, no matter how many projects I open.

How can I get it back? It is pretty much independently used to open my stuff.

Thanks!

Mark

Another detail that I just realized:

For iChat (which is now Messages), it did the same thing to saved chats. I think this may possibly be a flaw in ML.

If you have absolutely ANY suggestion, please tell me... Navigating through Finder to find my stuff is getting so miserable.

It's not a fix, but why don't you use the recents menu after logic is already open.

For iChat (which is now Messages), it did the same thing to saved chats. I think this may possibly be a flaw in ML.

If you have absolutely ANY suggestion, please tell me... Navigating through Finder to find my stuff is getting so miserable.

It's not a fix, but why don't you use the recents menu after logic is already open.

Oh, wow. I never noticed that. Thanks!

It still would be nice to have my old way, back. If anyone discovers how to, PLEASE tell me!

Oh, wow. I never noticed that. Thanks!

It still would be nice to have my old way, back. If anyone discovers how to, PLEASE tell me!

This article should help you to 'fix' the issue....

http://simon.heimlicher.com/articles/2011/07/26/disable-recent-items

Look towards the bottom of the article and it shows you how to enable (or disable) and discover the correct 'bundle identifier' to use in the terminal commands to re-enable the recent list for any given app in the dock.

It could also simply be a case of the plist getting corrupted.. in which case deleting it should allow it to re-create it automatically without having to use the terminal commands in Simon's article.

To do so...

Go to ~/Library/Preferences. Find the preference file for the app (Preview is com.apple.preview for example). There should be a second preference file for each app with "LSSharedFileList.plist" appended to the end. Delete that "xxx.LSSharedFileList.plist" file.

Now close down all open apps and restart your Mac and it should correct the problem.

Neither of these methods will bring back your original 'recents..' but at least they should start working correctly again.

Hope this helps..