Converting Automation from one parameter to another [SOLVED]

Bouncer

Guys, I had read the manual and followed the steps of Command-clicking the automation parameter and tried to convert automation from one parameter to another but it doesnt work.... I had even tried to copy and paste which didn't work either... The only solution I have now is to redraw.... The thing is manual says it's possible to convert but I can't get it to work...

2052459756_Screenshot2012-10-30at3_54_02AM.png.d6928aead0501bf3888f94cfda1b2d32.png

Guys, I had read the manual and followed the steps of Command-clicking the automation parameter and tried to convert automation from one parameter to another but it doesnt work....

What happens when you try?

(aside from "it doesnt work")

thanks for responding. When I select the new parameter by command-clicking and going to menu and choosing new parameter, nothing happens after that and Logic doesnt ask me if i want to convert or copy...

Works fine here. Are you doing it in the right place (using the drop down menu on the track in automation view)?

Thanks for responding... I chose the auomation I want to move, and commmand-click to go to Automation parameter and select the new parameter in the appropriate plugin

1369213327_Screenshot2012-10-30at4_24_56AM.png.5e45dfc2fcae9de2cd2ebd616d6fb5c6.png

I had also tried to copy and paste from one parameter to another unsuccessfully. I set the playhead to 1 and paste and nothing happens and no automation had been created.. I only had been lucky with that by copying from one track to another, not on the same track... but that could be another thread ...

You get the dialog box from your post above, by Control-clicking on the Automation Lane.

(Why were you doing that?)

54358861_Screenshot2012-10-30at4_03_00AM.png.369624396f2543a695503c0ae0cb2c9e.png

I just tried copying automation by using that dialog box and it didn't work.

But, it does work if you follow the instructions and Command-click the Automation Parameter menu and choose a destination parameter. That's the Automation Parameter menu on the Arrange track itself.

1550532470_Screenshot2012-10-30at4_13_02AM.png.a9c83a946262f58f2d64bf3d9183da24.png

• 1 month later...
guys i was trying to convert automation from one parameter to other when the other parameter's automation is already written..... i was following the steps and i was getting a message "copy and convert" but the process doesnt work... it only worked after i erased the automation which i was trying to overite .....