Odd - playhead/transport out of sync?

ELP71

System info in sig - recently upgraded to 9.1.8 and there is 12GB of RAM in my Mac Pro (I'll change that up in a sec)

Noticed during a project tonight that upon pressing stop (assigned to spacebar) after a take, Logic kept playing for 2-3 beats. I didn't bother to look up and see what was going on because I was determined to finish the session - which I did. Thought I would see what might be causing the issue and ran the gamut of usual suspects - buffer settings, compensation, etc etc. Then I noticed something interesting.

It seems the playhead and transport are stopping (visually), but playback continues for 2-3 beats! SMPTE and beat position both stop as commanded, but playback continues for a sec or two. SO then I thought I'd see if a meta command to stop playback would work...then it got weirder. The playhead stopped a couple beats before the region w/the meta command was, but playback continued to the position of the stop playback command. So, playback stopped as programmed, but the playhead and beat position read slightly before the meta command. The playhead also wouldn't advance to a marker via meta command that I put in as an experiment.

*forgot to mention - tried 9.1.7...same issue. v8 - no issue. Also, empty project, full project, using audio interface or internal device, etc etc.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Ooooo this is burning me up! Basically Logic is now ignoring/malfunctioning w/meta commands (stop playback, go to marker, etc). Stops right before the meta command or in the case of go to marker...skips a beat. Opened a project created in LS 8 (using 9)and everything was fine...wth???

Archived